Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The 90's - OCT 19, 2005

OCT 19, 2005

This past week seemed to be a revival of the past, for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes it seems we just keep moving forward and never look back. Maybe we reminise about old times. Maybe we even wish we could go back. Not that things were ever better than they are now. Just different. Less complicated, stressful. Not so much responsibility. Then again, I'm sure I thought was complicated at 15. A friend of mine from work asked me to go with her to an Audioslave concert. Over the years my music taste had changed, and I wasn't really into heavier alternative as much. I really didn't want to shell out the cash, but she decided to pay for my ticket. Of course I can never pass up a concert. I've been to so many this year alone. My friend, who's 44 I think, couldn't wait to go. I wasn't as excited, but when I found out they would be playing Soundgarden & Rage Against the Machine songs, I thought it would be a blast from the past! And it was! Not to mention I got to meet Jared Leto, who I loved from My So-Called Life in the early 90s. His band, 30 Seconds to Mars, opened, as well as Seether. It's been so long since my days of headbanging at concerts or school dances. I wasn't wearing torn jeans and a flannel. 90's fashion was so terrible. I've been watching My So-Called Life on reruns on the Noggin channel, and I can't believe I used to dress like Angela. Why did I ever think it was cool? Atleast the music from the 90's was cool. Jared Leto's band now is extremely different than the one he sang in on the show. But I love it. So last week I was on this alternative kick, remembering the days of Black Hole Sun and driving around with Ann Stechschulte singing along to get pumped for a cross country meet. Then Steve and I went back to Bluffton for the weekend. A lot of my high school friends were around. Alison, Holly, Kim, Phil, Ace. We revived some classic songs and memories. It was just great to see everyone again and realize when we got back together we haven't changed that much from who we used to be back then. We have all moved on with our lives,

No comments:

Post a Comment