Wednesday, November 3, 2010

bath & body WORKs - MAY 8, 2006

MAY 8, 2006

Well I thought I'd get around to writing again. Not that I have much to say, but I don't have much to do right now. I guess that's how it goes sometimes when I'm the only person from my team who works in this state. Since Anna left, a lot has changed, and a lot is still waiting to change.

I had spent the last 2 and a half years here at Bath & Body Works as a design consultant, immediately following graduation. The full time consultant job really made like difficult, not knowing if it would be long term or not. Finally I decided it was time to quit, then of course I was offered a full time position. I accepted, only after spending a day thinking about if it was worth it. Sometimes I don't think it is, but other days I realize there aren't a whole lot of options as a package designer here in Columbus Ohio. I could easily move to New York to work with my team, but that's not where I want to be. But it's not like I want to be here either, it's just a comfortable place for us, and hard to take the risk to move somewhere else. So until this place runs dry, I guess we'll be here. Steve is most likely going to get involved with corporate, and branch out from his Columbus office location. Hopefully that doesn't mean moving to Richmond Virginia. It shouldn't for what he does. He may have to travel which might get crazy since suddenly this year I am constantly traveling. I went nearly 3 years, never leaving town, and since January of this year I have gone to the NYC office 5 times and on press in NJ twice in the last month or so. I don't mind, but it's likely to become a weekly habit, which can be down right exhausting. Leaving on the shuttle at 6:30am to fly to NY, spend a full day in the office or shopping, then get back to Columbus at 9pm that night. It can be rough, and now I know why Anna was so eager to go.

So here I am, Monday morning, still waiting on someone from NY to call or email me with changes to projects I finished Friday, or something new to work on. I shouldn't really complain, because most days are hell trying to make sure everything gets done in time. Deadlines here are ridiculous. Maybe an hour to turn something around. So it's nice not having someone over my shoulder handing something off to me. Well sometimes I have Holly standing over my shoulder making faces, but that's expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment