Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bye Bye BBW

JUNE 30, 2007
And so it is....I no longer work for the Limited Brands. After 4 years at Bath and Body Works as a designer, I find myself ready to move on. It has been a strange few months. I've bounced around to different managers and different teams, traveled to New York City and New Jersey 2 days a week for almost 2 months straight and still found myself unhappy. Primarily because of money and stress. Who doesn't want more money? When you realize your new role within the company is ten times the amount of work and stress, but you weren't given a single penny more, it's hard to only think about the work itself. I was looking forward to my new position on the Seasonal team designing fashion and personal care accessories. I was now working on the same team with my best friend from grade school, Holly. I would have been able to travel the world, spending a lot of time working on development in Hong Kong, going on shopping trips to Paris, London, and Milan....it may sound like the dream job, and in some ways it could have been. However, the amount of stress and time I would have to dedicate seemed outrageous compared to my compensation. When my friend told me how much the graphic designer position paid at American Signature it seemed like a foolish decision to pass up the opportunity. It was hard to make the decision between the two places when BBW offered to counter. In the end I felt it was best to leave because who knows what might happen if I stayed. A week later I realized I made the best decision as it was announced that a major headcount reduction was in the works for Limited Brands. I managed to escape on my own terms, which had been my goal for the past 4 years. I am going to miss all of my friends and coworkers and I will also miss some of the work, but now it is time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment