Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Summer Awaits - MAY 8, 2006

MAY 8, 2006

So my last blog was just me bitchin about work, so I thought I'd just start a new one for the rest of my thoughts. I hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a very last minute Cinco de Mayo party at our house. It was nice to see Anna, now that she's left me for Abercrombie. Tiff finally made another appearance. I usually foget she lives here. Andrea, Shayne and Braydon made it back. I was afraid it was going to cut close to delivery again for their 2nd child. Braydon was born 2 days after our 80's Halloween party. Andrea was so afraid of coming in costume and going into labor. That would have been embarasing. And of course our neigbor friends joined us. Nothing too exciting going on. Just ready for our huge luau in August and of course the much anticipated Halloween bash. I've got to come up with a theme this year. Last year we thought people would be happier not having a theme, but it was just the opposite.

I am sooo ready for summer. Last summer was such a blast. It was the first summer of my entire life that I didn't make it to a lake. We never made it up to Michigan while it was warm enough, and Tiff was never around to go jet skiing on Indian Lake. So that alone was depressing. Instead we spent the summer going to concerts. Maybe 10. Nearly half were to see Howie Day, which at first annoyed Steve and my brother. But after the first summer show which Abby convinced us to go to the after party where Howie was, we all had a lot of fun with the band, crew and Howie for the next several shows.

Last summer we also got hooked on LOST. We never watched it during the original first season, and once hearing about how great the show was, we had to watch the summer reruns. Let me tell you, if you haven't been watching it, you need to get the DVDs and spend the summer catching up. Or as it usually happens, spend an entire weekend glued to your tv watching 20 some hours. The second season is even better. I used to just watch it like any other show, and once it was over, you didn't think about it till the following week. Then I realized how detail oriented this show is. There are so many hidden clues, that normal viewers will never pick up on. I still don't, but sometimes I read some trading boards or listen to podcasts to tap into some theories and hidden messages. It makes the show that much better. Things like the Dharma logo branded on a shark, which you are likely to only see if you rewind and watch the sceen in slow motion. And Hurley's numbers seem to appear on many things through out the show. Each character is somehow connected to the next without them knowing, and you slowly learn these connections through their flashbacks. And the most interesting is what is this island all about? And now, there is some interactive thing going on for Lost viewers. During this past episode, a fake commercial ran for the Hanso Foundation, which is a part of the show. If you called the phone number, there is a recording of people talking. Apparently you are supposed to get clues to solve something at the end of the summer. I couldn't figure anything out though. Also there is a book called, Bad Twin by Gary Troup (an anagram for Purgatory), which nobody knows who actually wrote it. Probably someone involved with the show. It's supposed to be a book written by someone who was on Flight 815. The last few episodes show Sawyer reading the manuscript for this book. I won't spoil any more details, but clearly this show is more than just TV. The writers are brilliant.

I am so excited we are going on a real vacation finally. We usually just went to Michigan to visit my dad or aunt and uncle. It's always something I looked forward to, but it's been 4 years since our honeymoon in Hawaii that we've gone somewhere on our own. We were planning on going back to Hawaii, but it was just getting too expensive adding everything we needed up. Instead we opted for an all inclusive resort in Mexico on the Riviera Maya. We're still going to Michigan for a week, and then off to Mexico. Two weeks away from work...I'll be in heaven. Only a few more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment