Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Can I Go Home Yet? - AUG 7, 2006

AUG 7, 2006

Today is going so slow. I'd much rather have work to do to keep me busy, but I'm caught up for a change. I'm not quite sure why I decided to type because my left hand seemed to sustain an injury from a jet ski mishap. So now when I use my left pinkie, pain shoots up my hand. Yesterday I launched my brother and I both of the jet ski on a turn. It was fun until Tiff turned her's off and it wouldn't start again. I can't remember going to the lake without getting towed back in. Thank god we took the rope. Never leave home on a jet ski with out it. That should be the maker's moto.

I can't believe summer is nearly over. Of course I'm excited for our 4th Halloween party. It's gonna be bigger and better than ever.

Last weekend Steve and I went up to Jud's house for a party before his comedy benefit in Cleveland. He's added 3 more minutes to his Evolution of Dance routine. It includes the Napoleon Dynamite dance which is my favorite. I originally thought Jud was immitating Napoleon the first moment I saw the video, not realizing it was Jud. Also that night during the show, Jud told a story from our Domino's days, which was meant to be a surprise for Steve. They used to call the pay phone across the street in front of the town hall as someone was passing by. Jud pretended to be a radio host who's helicopter spotted them from the air. If they could answer one easy question, they would win a pizza from their partner Dominos. So when they went over to Dominos, everyone acted like they didn't know what they were talking about. It was almost 1am when we got back to Jud's after the show. Somebody had to be home to play in his soccer game in the morning, so of course I had to drive home afterwards instead of staying for the night. It wouldn't have been so bad if the frickin interstate wasn't like playing a game of Operation, where if your unsteady hand (or sleepy eyes) cause you to drift a fraction of an inch to one side, you kill yourself or wake up to find someone operating on you. I seriously kept hearing that obnoxious buzzer and red light in my head as I tried to stay awake through a hundred miles worth of cement construction barriers, 1 foot away on each side of the car. Thank god the operation was successful.

It's been a few weeks since we got home from vacation. I was going to write about that, but never had the chance while everything was fresh in my mind. I still need to get the digital photos printed before a year or two go by. I'm really bad about letting things like that go by. I think it was a year before I had photo albums made for our wedding.

Oh, by the way, I was freed from my little predicament a few weeks ago. It was almost midnight by then. And thanks for all the messages of support. I'll remember that the next time you find yourself in a similar situation...

No comments:

Post a Comment