Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Beloved SNL Tape - JUNE 7, 2006

JUNE 7, 2006

It's amazing how Jud's video is taking storm. We can't turn on the TV without seeing him dancin'. I think it's great how the world now gets to see one of the funniest guys we know. When I went to visit him last weekend while I was in Cleveland, it was like nothing had changed. Well he did get a million phone calls asking him for interviews and what not. With his rising celebrity status, I think we will see him on Saturday Night Live one day as he once said. Maybe as a host, but I think what is likely to happen is a skit done about him. I guess it's time to start watching SNL again. The 90's were the best years for my generation. I was telling Jud about the beloved SNL tape Holly and I made in high school when he said I gave him a copy and pulled it off the shelf. That tape is one of our prized possessions. I only recently got around to making a few more copies of it this year. The quality sucks, and of course now most skits are on The Best of... DVDs. But none of them have our favorite skits like, Campin' or even some of the non SNL comedies I included. David Letterman once worked as an employee for a Taco Bell drive thru. That must be one of the funniest things (besides the dance) I have ever seen. I doubt anyone other than those few with my tape know what I'm talking about. "The Bean Burrito is a little pricey".

Yeah! Another concert tomorrow! Thank god Steve lucked out and found tickets on ticketmaser to the sold out show for The Fray at the Newport. I was sooo pissed to find out it was sold out, after procrastinating to buy tix. They've been one of my favorite bands for a year or two and are now becoming popular. Holly, Steve, Matt Khron and maybe his wife and I are going. It's fun when more than just Steve and I go to the shows, but it's hard to always find people to go with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment