Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween Music Hall of Fame 2006 - Results

OCT 28, 2006
Last night was a big success for the fourth year in a row. I honestly don't know how I'm going to compete next year! Seriously. I would first like to thank all of you who made this possible. Jason came up with the great idea to have a music themed party. Anyone who knows me, knows I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have my own concert. I think I'll just have to add this one to my list! Steve helped me get everything printed, and damn did I use a lot of paper! I also have to thank Steve for putting up with my shit for the last week or so, and for the trip to the ER we had to make due to his utility knife wound while setting up for this party. And Tiffany, thank you so much for sticking all those posters on my wall.... one.... at.... a.... freaking..... time..... and for spraying, cutting and stomping all those CDs! And mostly I want to thank everyone who came, because every night before a party I get anxiety about nobody showing up.

Now on to the good stuff. We had a pretty good turnout, around 40 people, although unfortunately many of the regulars were not able to make it. We did have many new faces...who were wearing new faces...which can make for a very interesting time when meeting new people. Thanks to all of you for braving a house full of crazy drunk ass people. I think most of the people here have bonded over the years only through seeing each other at our parties. Hopefully I didn't make too much of a fool out of myself either. I was extremely impressed by the performances by many of the musicians last night. I have many video clips...thankfully none of myself performing What You Waiting For. It is so tempting to post them on Youtube.com. Anybody feel like being an instant internet star like our pal Judson? It was a bummer that Jud couldn't make it down this weekend. It would have been awesome to have him get up an perform his evolution of dance. But we sure couldn't go wrong with a little Y.M.C.A. by the Village People, Britney Spears - Toxic, Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boy , Moulin Rouge - Lady Marmelade, Wake Me Up -Evanencence, Bjork, Charlie/Drive Shaft - You All Eveybody, Eminem - Lose Yourself, Nirvana - Teen Spirit , and Slash/Guns N Roses - Paradise City.

Last year's award winner, Jason R. presented the awards for Best Costume via a live audience vote. The nominations for Best Male Costume (please forgive me if I am wrong): Slash ..1 (Matt K), Slash ..2 (Chris H), KFed (Rob S), Elvis (Chuck). We had a tie between the 2 Slashes who both took home the $15 iTunes award. The nominations for Best Female were: Britney Spears (Jen S), Amy Lee from Evenecence (Jess), Bjork (Christa K) and Avril Lavigne (Tiffany K). After appearing to have a tie between all of the nominees, Sir Elton John was nominated in this category. By a staggering cheer from the crowd, Elton John (Jay S) won the award for Best Female Costume. Since both awards were passed out to Slash 1 & 2, Elton was presented the 6 disc CD set that was originally reserved for Best Performance. Sadly we did not get around to presenting an award for Best Performance. Since they continued through out the night, many people had left before everyone had the chance to perform. Upon reviewing a few video clips, I would vote for The Village People or Britney Spears.

By 2am, most people had left or gone upstairs to sleep. A smaller group of us chilled with a few actual musicians and listened to Matt, Aaron and Adam play and sing with their guitars until 4am. Actually, I'm not even sure how long Adam and Aaron were playing after we went to bed at 4. Oh, and thanks to Adam for washing the dishes this morning and everyone who helped clean up. I still have to get all the posters and guitars off the wall. Well I supose I'll go try to upload some photos for this blog.

Oh, and today was the first OSU game I went to. It was a lot of fun, but cold and windy as hell! I'm so ready to finally get some sleep...and an extra hour tonight is the best ever!

a n n i e




Gwen (Annie), Avril (Tiffany), Satine/Nicole Kidman (Holly) and Ava


The Village People





Avril Lavigne (Tiffany) & Britney Spears (Jen)


Garth (Steve) & Gwen Stefani (Annie)


Amy Lee of Evenecence (Jess) & Gwen Stefani (annie)


Amy Lee (Jess) & Drive Shaft's Charlie on LOST (Jason)


Kevin Federline & Britney Spears


Bjork (Christa) & Slash (Matt)


Yes, I made my costume from scratch. JoAnn Fabric's and 15 hours later it looked like this.


Brit and KFed still can't escape the Papparazzi!


Red Carpet's Worst Dressed: Bjork's famous Swan dress (Laura) & Abe Lincoln (Jake)


Guns N Roses: Slash (Chris) and Axel Rose (Sarah)


Oh God. I don't have any words...Ba ba Benny and the Jets.


Bonny & Clyde (Jeremy & Rachel)


Shania Twain (Alison) and Kenny Chesney(Kevin)


Patti Smith (Kellie), Gwen Stefani (Annie) and Nirvana Cheerleader (Corinne)


On the tour bus with Slash.


Lose Yourself in the Music...You better never let it go....you only get one stop...


Rock Star Samantha asleep at last!


Adam and Matt start their own show at 3 am.


Taking requests



Gibson Collection


2004 Inductee: Michael Jackson (Jeremy)

No comments:

Post a Comment