Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Counting to 100 - SEPT. 8, 2005

SEPT. 8, 2005

So you say it's my birthday. I get to stop on 26 this year as I'm Counting to 100. I get to work and find my desk decked out in weird stuff, including a hot picture of David Hasslehoff possing nude with sharpe puppies. Talk about creepy. I mean, who ever thought he should be so cool?

I finally had a few days off for vacation, if you can really call it that. It was fun, but not really the relaxing kind. Visiting my dad in Harbor Springs was really nice, but he sure likes to talk. We had fun with Barb & Dave too. Dave finally retired from American Airlines so Barb threw him a surprise party which was full of the usual pranks. I wish I had time to come up with something good after all the things he's pulled on me over the years!

My spring & summer of music keeps on going. You'd think that I'd take a break after seeing Howie Day 4 times in July. Last week we saw Coldplay. It was an amazing show! As far as larger bands go, they are one of my favs. We weren't very close to the stage, but it was a beautiful show with great effects. Then last night we went to see Matt Wertz with a friend. It was also amazing, and great to be back in a small intimate venue. The first opener, Mike Genovese was obviously influenced by Howie Day, so of course I enjoyed watching him do the looping thing Howie is so highly noted for. The second opener, Mat Kearney, was really cool as well. Reminded me of one of my older fav. bands, Soul Coughing. Finally, Matt Wertz put on a great show. I've been listening to one of his CDs all morning. Thanks MattyK for taking us! We met both Matts after the show and now I have 2 more signed CDs to add to the collection I've been building this year, making 8 so far. I should probably take a break from the music scene because it's breaking the bank! There are still a bunch of shows I want to see here or in Cleveland, so I need to find a new job quick! I really wish I would have had the college exposure a lot of students get to these indie singer/songwriters and bands. CCAD didn't pull in such events. It's not like any of the students had a chance to engage in anything other than art! So from 00-03 I only knew the music that was played on WNCI. I guess I've gotta make up for lost time.

Oh, the OC premieres tonite! Yeah! The OC has been a great way to gain exposure to new music as well. I can't wait for this season!

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/annieweihrauch/blog?page=3#ixzz14HR1PhkK

No comments:

Post a Comment