Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Party Designer...Any Job Openings? - SEPT 19, 2006

SEPT 19, 2006

Party Designer...any job openings?
Current mood: working
It's another one of those nights. Stuck on press, in an empty confrence room, this time in Louisville Kentucky. I actually kept pretty busy today. Got a lot of things done, which I never would have gotten around to on my own time. I actually wish I had more time to do other things. Well, not here really. It's basically just me, the sales rep, and a factory full of guys who look like Earl. Yeah, you know his name. Usually I don't have to go up to the press for approvals, they bring it to me. But heck, it's an adventure in there.

I seriously can't believe it's almost Halloween. I've got so much to do to top the past parties, but trust me, I will. This year's theme is Halloween Music Hall of Fame. It's going to feel like we're at a rock concert. At least I finished my costume already. Made from scratch. That's the way I like to do things. Well, definately not in the Kitchen. Not tellin who I'm going to be, but it should be fun. I felt like I was on project runway. Make it work. I'm pretty sure I did since it matches my photos to a T. I seriously want to be a party designer. I swear I have more fun doing this shit than anything. Just can't figure out how to actually turn that into a business. It takes a lot of work to do everything by hand, and who is willing to pay someone to design and produce everything for a silly little party like Halloween? People will pay big bucks for a Wedding Planner/Designer but what other events are worth it? I want to be more obscure. Themed parties, not your typical stuff. And not the kind of crap people can go into a party store and buy. That shit is so freaking cheesy. And I don't want it to be just for rich people who can afford to do elaborate events. But otherwise, how would I ever make any money. It's a lot of work. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Good lord, it's after 10pm. Thank god I'm on my last approval. I was hoping to be back to the hotel watch Boston Legal by now. Guess not. Well I really don't have too much else to write.

At least I scored some free OSU/Wisconsin football tickets from the vendor. Steve's happy about that.

Lata Gatas.

No comments:

Post a Comment