Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Home Alone, or So I Hope...AUG 2, 2006

AUG 2, 2006

I'm so tired, so I don't know why the heck I'm writing this tonight. Maybe cos Steve's gone for the night, and I just got home at 1am to an empty house with an unlocked front door and no security alarm set. Took me a while to figure out how the door was left unlocked. I freaked out and searched every closet, shower, bed and basement for the possibility of finding someone hidding. As if that's gonna save me. Finally I remembered answering the door earlier tonight for Shayne dropping by to pick some stuff up. Holly and I were out of breath from freaking out over a cricket in the kitchen. She thought I was screaming about something on her, so she jumps on top of me, like that's gonna help. So in the midst of trying to get a cricket out of the house, and shayne ringing the doorbell, I must have left it unlocked when we left for the movie. Somewhat relieved, but I probably won't sleep too well. So what am I doing, watching a 48 Hour mystery about the Black Dalia serial killer. Go figure.

So it's been a long week. A busy one at that. Last week I had another press check in NJ for a few days. When the NY shuttle was landing, my coworker decided he would drive us into Times Square since I hadn't been there. It was cool to finally see it after all the times I've been to the city this year. Ended up at a going away party for someone I didn't know. The next day was boring as hell, so by evening we were ready to have a little fun. I guess I went a little overboard at the place we went to in Philadelphia. I think I'll be staying away from Martini's for awhile. The next day was rough. Thank god we finished our press check the night before, cos it took all morning for me to pull it together enough to go to the Philly airport. There was no way I was going to be able to drive back up to NYC to catch the Limited shuttle. When I got home, all I wanted to do was sleep. A few friends were staying with us, and we had our Luau to get ready for the next night. I was supposed to be figuring out a drink menu and whatnot, but I just didn't even want to think about partying. Fortunately Saturday morning was much better. I was really stressed out trying to get things together. We'd been playing this with our neighbors all summer, and the past week I didn't have a chance to do anything. Steve, thank you so much for pulling so much together without me. I'd say it was a pretty successful turnout. Maybe 40 or 50 people throughout the night. Amazingly only one person was slightly out of control. Last year we got yelled at at 2am for talking to loud in the hot tub. We were told we were getting drunker by the minute and to shut the F up. So this year another neighbor decided to piss on those neighbors' welcome mat. It's actually hilarious as long as they never find out about it. A few other things that belonged to the neighbors we don't like were marked. He also stole my entire desert and mowed down on it. He was also drinking beer, which someone filled with water. He thought it was the best beer ever. It was a great party over all. Nice to have some of our Bluffton friends down like Alison, Kevin, Kim, Matt, Christa, and Abby. Now it's time to start getting ready for Halloween. It's always bigger and better each year. I just started working on my costume today. Can't wait.

Well I should probably try to get some sleep. I don't think anyone is in the house. Hopefully Sammy would try to protect me, but probably not. I guess somebody will read this and know what might have happened to me if something were to happen. I'll just go back to watching my murder mystery and convince myself that nobody is here. As long as the ghetto bird doesn't fly over tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment